The Jaigargh fort is similar to the Amer fort in its architecture. It offers a fabulous view of the Pink City, Jaipur. This famous monument was built in the 18th century. The fort is located in the Amer City which was ruled by the Kachawahas from the early 10th century. This fort is also known as “Fort of the Victory” which was constructed by Sawai Jai Singh II and Mirza Raja Jai Singh in the year 1726. This fort is located at a height of about 500 feet on the top of the hill named as ‘CheelKaTeela’ or Hill of Eagles and its is situated approximately at a distance of 15km away from Jaipur city. The fort was built to safeguard Amber and a three kilometer fortification wall surrounds the Jai Garh Fort. Jaigarh Fort held the treasures of the royal family of the Maharaja of Jaipur, in the form of massive gold bullion.
Laxmi Villas Palace is one of the attractions of this fort. We can consider this palace as one of the Royal Palaces of Jaipur. It is one of the most beautiful buildings among the buildings in Jaigarh Fort. One puppet theatre is also located inside this palace. The old tradition of puppetry continues to be a popular folk entertainment in Rajasthan even today. This theatre also includes dance, music recitals which are used to be held for the entertainment of the royals. Laxmi Villas
which separate the dining rooms for the royal men and women.We can also have a look on old Mughal gardens from here. An impressive iron pillar with floral design is also located inside the palace which are used to support tin- shade. Architectural taste of rulers of Amver is shown in the Royal Palace of Laxmi Villas.
Lakshmi Vilas was built by Mirza Raja Jai Singh between the years 1621-1667,however many changes have been done in this under the rule of Sawai Jai Singh II in the years 1700-174 and also by Sawai Ram Singh II in the years 1835-1880. ‘Siropao’ which is a robe of honor is also awarded to Architect Vidhyadhar Bhatt for the additions done in the palace complex. Maharaja Ram Singh II also added the tin shed in front of the hall.
The hall of the Laxmi Villa Palace is also used as a Royal drawing room and for ceremonial occasions. The doors on the either side of the balcony may take us to the elevated balcony which was earlier used as a bedroom. Through stained glass panes the ventilation is provided to these rooms. These rooms also take us to the interior part of the hall. To make the hall air tight so that it remains warm the cotton stuffed curtains are put up. During summers the hall becomes fully cold while we open the windows of the room or even by lifting up the curtains. The walls of the palace are decorated with floral designs. There is also a Puppet Theatre. The palace is decorated with blue frescoes which is the beautiful attraction of the fort. The balconies are also elevated. The hall of the palace is also very large and has dimensions 68 feet by 25 feet and is supported by 12 twin marble pillars with marble work on the floor as well. The marble works makes the look of the palace graceful. The walls also have floral designs carved on them and the hall has seven carved out doors which are leaning towards inner apartments.